HOW TO PROTECT YOU ANDROID FROM MALWARE’S AND VIRUS OR HACKING
WHAT IS MALWARE?
Malware is any program or file that is intentionally to harm a computer, network, server or mobile devices. Examples of malware include the following:
- Computer viruses
- Trojan horses
WHAT IS A VIRUS?
Virus is malicious piece of computer code designed to spread from a device to device. These self-copying threats are usually designed to cause harm to a device or steal data, personal information’s.
WHAT IS HACKING?
Hacking is an attempt to control a computer system or a private network inside a computer. Or you can say it is the unauthorised access to or control over computer network security systems for some fraudulent purposes.
I think with all this knowledge, you will like to know more about how to prevent your android devices from all forms of hacking, malicious sms, calls and many more , below are way which can be taken to prevent your self and gadgets.
WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND GADGETS FROM MALWARE
- Avoid clicking unknown or unverified links,E.G link without valid host or source usually come if form of spams in gmail, some might come in form of sms and uncontrollable ads and many other ways.
- Downloading files, applications from valid source,for example downloading any other form of files other than the one released by the developer.
- Turn off things (wireless connection ) when not in use.Hackers use certain features on your phone to get at your information, location or connection. So, instead of keeping your GPS, wireless connection and others, just turn them on when you are in need of them, always watch out for the applications you grant access either your location, your contact, camera e.t.c
- Choose your apps wisely.Only download apps from trustworthy sources that have established a good rating. Always update your software and apps frequently and uninstall unused apps.
- Use a strong password.Consider managing your passwords via a reputable encrypted password manager such as dashlane.com and many more trusted password managers. Make sure your passwords are at minimum of eight characters long, with a mix either upper and lower case, also include numbers or other special characters(.,>/<“[-), and never use the browser auto-complete feature for your passwords for security purposes. You can make use of the storage encryption feature on your mobile phone or gadget to protect your personal data, and set your screen timeout to after 10 minutes or less.
- Install Antivirus software
You can also install antivirus software to protect yourself . I know you will ask which antivirus is the best? Below are list of the best antivirus you can us to protect yourself:
- Bitdefender antivirus free edition.
- AVG antivirus free
- Kaspersky security cloud
- Microsoft windows defender.
- Avira antivirus.
- 360 total security.
- ZoneAlarm free antivirus.
- Malwarebytes anti-malware free.
And lots more……………